Saturday, October 22, 2011

I've been reading for 14 hours

Hour 14 Update

Reading Location:Back on the couch; since last update, in the car and at Rudy's Bar-be-cue

Currently Reading: Corpse Pose by Diana Killian and The Nestorian Alliance by Michael Watson

Total Pages read so far: 480

Total Time spent reading so far: 513 minutes

Other Readers I have visited:

  • Azuki, a BookCrossing and BookObssessed pal who lives in Miami
  • Shaunesay, another BC/BO friend who lives in Kansas
  • Nikki, someone new I'm meeting through the Read-a-Thon
  • VeganMedusa, another BC/BO friend who lives in New Zealand. She hasn't posted anything to her blog yet; wonder if she's still asleep.
  • Ann, who used to swap books with us at BookCrossing and BookObsessed, but now reads mostly eBooks.
  • Kanaye, also a BC/BO friend who signed up for this Read-a-Thon but who hasn't posted anything yet.
  • dancing-dog lives in Tennessee and swaps book with us over at BookObsessed
  • Zeteticat, whose name I picked from the list of readers because it was the penultimate one.
  • CandyTX, a fellow Texan, BookCrosser, and BookObssessor.

Mini-challenges completed: Introduction and Mid-event survey

Finished Books:

  • Bring It On by Laura Anne Gilman

Comments: Great supper at Rudy's down in Denton. Hubby got to watch the World Series and I read. Just before we left to drive down to Rudy's, I visited Candy's blog and discovered that she was giving away a free Kindle book by an independent author—Michael Watson's The Nestorian Alliance. The "catch" was that you had to promise to read it tonight during the Read-a-Thon and post a review at Amazon before 6am Easter time Sunday morning. Well, I can do that, so I asked for the free copy. Downloaded it to my Kindle and started reading it in the car while hubby drove us down to Rudy's. (I do adore the built in reading light in my Kindle case. Makes it so easy to read in the car at night without flashing the light up into the driver's eyes.)

Bring It On by Laura Anne Gilman Corpse Pose by Diana Killian The Nestorian Alliance by Michael Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment