Monday, October 24, 2011

Bout of Books: Starting Position

For the Bout of Books Read-a-Thon, readers are lining up the books that they will be reading throughout the week-long event. Some participants have chosen to create a single post which they will update throughout the week. I, however, will be posting daily. After all, my main goal during the Read-a-Thon is not really about the reading, but the posting.

To be honest, I don't need any motivation to read. I carry multiple books with me wherever I go. If you were to look into my backpack, you'd find at least one paperback book and usually my Kindle along with the laptop and its accessories. And today, I installed the Kindle app on my Blackberry Torch and downloaded one book to the Blackberry.

My initial postion for this week includes four books which I have already started reading:

  • Backseat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson. I'm listening to this book on unabridged audio CDs. My current position is Disk 2, Track 5.
  • Stomrlord's Exile by Glenda Larke. This is the third book in a trilogy and I bought it for the Kindle the very day that I finished reading the second book. Current position is location 1239 of 10204, somewhere in the middle of Chapter 6.
  • Crown of Slaves by David Weber and Eric Flint. The story line occurs concurrently with the story in War of Honor, the 10th book in the Honor Harrington series. This book is also on my Kindle, and my present position is location 1775 of 9336, near the beginning of Chapter 9.
  • Lord of the Changing Winds by Rachel Neumeier, first in her Griffin Mage trilogy. I read the first 12 pages during Dewey's 24-hour Read-a-Thon. I need to finish it as quickly as possible so I can mail it to Xeyra in Portugal who selected it from the SFF Virtual Book Box at BookObsessed
As I finish these books, I have more queued up behind them. Given that I have 3 flights scheduled this week—DFW to MIA to JAX and JAX to DFW—I should have plenty of time to make some progress on the print and electronic books. And, I'll be listening to Backseat Saints in the car as I drive from Jacksonville to Gainesville and return. All-in-all, this is shaping up to be an excellent week for a Read-a-Thon.

Backseat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson Stormlord's Exile by Glenda Larke Crown of Slaves by David Weber and Eric Flint Lord of the Changing Winds by Rachel Neumeier

No comments:

Post a Comment