Sunday, October 23, 2011

*ANOTHER* Read-a-Thon?

Amanda, who blogs at On a Book Bender, is sponsoring a week-long Read-a-thon called Bout of Books. I blame my reading pal Shaunesay for talking me into signing up. (Of course, she didn't have to twist my arm too much. We're both coming down off the high from Dewey's 24-hour Read-a-Thon, so we were ripe pickings for another event.)

My first question was "What is Bout of Books?". Taken directly from the sign-up page, I found the following:

  1. Bout of Books will run from 12:01am 10/24 through 11:59 pm 10/30 (your time zone)
  2. Read as much as you can whenever you can.
  3. Bout of Books should be about networking with fellow bloggers in addition to reading. You were going to read that week anyway, right? Bout of Books gives you the opportunity to share your reading experience with other readers.
  4. Use #boutofbooks on Twitter to update people on your progress and what you are reading.

Given that I'd have to give a rousing positive response to "You were going to read that week anyway, right?" (errmm... is there *any* week where I'm not reading?) I couldn't see any down-side to signing up. It's going to encourage me to post more to my Reading in Texas blog, and that's definitely something that I need to be encouraged to do. So, I'm in. I've signed up. I'm going to think about some goals—and they certainly won't include hourly blog posts! And, I'm going to pull together a starting postion post for tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment