Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Bout of Books: Day 2 update

Bout of Books Day 2 :: 25 October 2011

I didn't get much reading done today. From 9am until 3pm, I was in a seminar with customers, so I only sneaked in a couple of pages during our breaks. Then after the seminar, I drove from Gainesville to Jacksonville, which gave me time to listen to just about a whole disk of Backseat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson. I'm now somewhere in the middle of disk 4. Using the "Look Inside" feature at Amazon.com, I find that I stopped listening on page 120. That means I listened to the equivalent of 37 pages during my drive today.

On the text-reading front, I took Lord of the Changing Winds with me to supper and the book was great company during my solo meal. I'm now at page 217 (of 367) and based on my update at Goodreads last night, I had gotten to page 177 just before midnight. So together, that means that I've read 77 pages today—not as many as I had hoped, but I've got about another hour to read before midnight and it rolls over to Day 3 of Bout of Books Read-a-Thon. And, I have a flight tomorrow morning during which I plan to get quite a bit more reading done.

Update on 26 October: reading in bed after updating the blog, I stopped at page 231 before I turned the lights off at 23:15. So that increases the pages read for Day 2 by 14 to 91.

Bout of Books :: Today's summary

Books read today: 2
Books finished today: 0
Pages read today: 77   91
Total pages read: 268   282

Backseat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson Lord of the Changing Winds by Rachel Neumeier

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are making good use of your time. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete