Saturday, October 22, 2011

Do we get a Half-Time Show?

Hour 12 Update

Reading Location:On the couch in my living room

Currently Reading: Corpse Pose by Diana Killian

Total Pages read so far: 439

Total Time spent reading so far: 460 minutes

Other Readers I have visited:

  • Azuki, a BookCrossing and BookObssessed pal who lives in Miami
  • Shaunesay, another BC/BO friend who lives in Kansas
  • Nikki, someone new I'm meeting through the Read-a-Thon
  • VeganMedusa, another BC/BO friend who lives in New Zealand. She hasn't posted anything to her blog yet; wonder if she's still asleep.
  • Ann, who used to swap books with us at BookCrossing and BookObsessed, but now reads mostly eBooks.
  • Kanaye, also a BC/BO friend who signed up for this Read-a-Thon but who hasn't posted anything yet.
  • dancing-dog lives in Tennessee and swaps book with us over at BookObsessed
  • Zeteticat, whose name I picked from the list of readers because it was the penultimate one.

Mini-challenges completed: Just the Introduction

Finished Books:

  • Bring It On by Laura Anne Gilman

Comments: We've now reached the half-way mark in the Read-a-Thon. I'm well into Corpse Pose; having read 16 of 25 chapters. Should be no problem to finish it and move on to another book. I'm not sure which one is next, but I won't have to make that decision for a while. Unfortunately, Auburn lost the game to LSU. Alabama and Tennessee are tied at 3-3. As a die-hard Auburn fan, I cheer for Auburn and whoever happens to be 'Bama's opponent! And, in two minutes, the first pitch of the 3rd game of the World Series will be thrown down in the stadium in Arlington. My parents-in-law are avid baseball fans—they really don't care who's playing, they just enjoy the game. My mother-in-law is particularly fond of the College World Series! I know that both of them will be in front of the TV tonight, and I'm sure the hubby will be employing the jump button on the remote control bouncing from NCAA football to the World Series. I'm fortunate that I can easily ignore the sports and concentrate on reading. For now, however, it's time to go find some supper. Hubby wants a baked potato with *meat* on it, so I'm not sure exactly where he's taking us. Wherever it is, I'll be reading. It takes a lot of skill to focus on the book and not let food fall off the fork onto your shirt!

Bring It On by Laura Anne Gilman Corpse Pose by Diana Killian

No comments:

Post a Comment