Saturday, October 24, 2015

Stacking the Shelves (53)

There was no Stacking the Shelves post last week because I didn't receive any new books. But I made up for it this week. I hit the online library catalog and grabbed a couple of high-interest books.

From the library:

Book Cover: The Heretic's Apprentice by Ellis Peters Book Cover: The Potter's Field by Ellis Peters The Heretic's Apprentice and The Potter's Field are the 16th and 17th books in Ellis Peters' medieval mystery series starring Brother Cadfael. I have challenged myself to finish all the books in this series by the end of the year. With 20 books in the series, I need to read at least two books this month and next.


Book Cover: The Door in the Hedge by Robin McKinley The Door in the Hedge is one of two books being made available in October's Big Library Read. Running from 7-21 October, the event featured two Young Adult books to libraries and schools through the Overdrive catalog. I borrowed The Door in the Hedge during last week's Dewey's Read-a-Thon. I've finished the first (and longest) story in the collection and will strive to complete all the stories before the book is due back at the library.


Book Cover: The Wedding Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini The other series that I intend to complete this year is Elm Creek Quilts by Jennifer Chiaverini. I'm borrowing all the books from the library, but none of the libraries where I have cards have the electronic copies of these books. The Wedding Quilt, 18th of 20, is one of the few books printed on paper that I'm reading this year.


 

How about you? Any new books? You're invited to tell us all about it by joining the fun at Stacking the Shelves. According to the reviewers at Tynga's Reviews who host the meme:

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

Disclosure: This post contains links to an affiliate program, for which the BookObsessed online community will receive a few cents if you make purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment