Saturday, October 17, 2015

Dewey: The Half-Way Mark

Twelve hours have passed since Dewey's Read-a-Thon began. I've been reading steadily—not constantly. Since my last update, I've nearly completed reading Calculated in Death, visited with my daughter, and eaten dinner. Daughter suggested we have supper together tonight and I happily agreed, but when it came time to decide which restaurant, she said she'd really like to stay in. But it's DEWEY'S. I'm not cooking. So, we threw rice into the cooker and hubby went through the drive-in window at Wendy's, bringing home chili for everyone. Chili on rice is a favorite meal, and getting it at Wendy's means no one had to cook. Score!

I didn't finish reading Calculated in Death before supper, but I'm getting really close to the end now. Also, since I took time away from reading to visit with my daughter, I haven't had time to check out other readers on Twitter or their blogs. I'll plan to do that as soon as I finish this book and before I start the next one.

Mid-event Survey

1) What are you reading right now?

Still reading Calculated in Death by J. D. Robb. I'm getting really close to the end, though.

2) How many books have you read so far?

Just the one. I'll be starting a second book in a short while

3) What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

I've decided to read The Door in the Hedge by Robin McKinley. It's one of the books for the Overdrive Big Library Read. I missed the online chat on the 13th, but it's still fun to participate in a group read-along.

4) Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

I've been my own distraction, starting out this morning frequently falling asleep in my chair. I've taken time out for a visit with my daughter as well. I've not been reading continuously, because I like the social side of Dewey's and visit blogs as well as reading Twitter posts.

5) What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

No surprises. I'm a veteran of several Dewey read-a-thons, and I pretty much know what to expect.

Hour 12 Update

Reading Location: My house in Texas

Currently Reading: Calculated in Death by J. D. Robb

Book Cover: Calculated in Death by J D Robb

Total Pages read so far: 300 pages

Total Time spent reading so far: Totally don't know.

Other Readers I have visited:
1. Shaunesay at The Space Between
2. Judith at Leeswammes' Blog
3. Michelle at Because Reading

Mini-challenges completed: Just the Introductory Questionnaire

Finished Books: 0

Comments: Feeling really good. Nearly finished with Calculated in Death and thinking about what to read next. Not going to take time to visit other Read-a-thon-ers right now, because I'm so close to the end of my book. (Every avid reader understands the NEED to finish a book, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment