Thursday, October 15, 2015

It's Dewey time again

I almost let the Fall 2015 edition of Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon slip by. It starts bright and early on Saturday morning and as the title says, runs for 24 hours. While I like to participate in read-a-thons, Dewey's is the most intense of all them all. It challenges readers (over 1000 this time around) to read as much as they can in the 24 hours of the event. This read-a-thon is held twice a year and runs from noon UCT on a Saturday to noon UCT the next day. Everyone starts and ends at the same time, so since I live in Texas, my start time is 7am CDT.

I have a couple of library books checked out that I need to read and return, so I'll be focusing on those off the bat. I'll be starting off with Calculated in Death by J. D. Robb as well as The Aeronaut's Windlass by Jim Butcher. Yes, I'll be reading two books, bouncing back and forth between them. And as soon as I finish one or the other, I'll be plunging into The Banished of Muirwood by Jeff Wheeler or perhaps The Heretic's Apprentice by Ellis Peters. Now, I reserve the right to change my mind—particularly when I'm sleepy and get a bit grouchy. But for now, I have a bit of a plan.

Book Cover: Calculated in Death by J D Robb Book Cover: The Aeronaut's Windlass by Jim Butcher Book Cover: The Banished of Muirwood by Jeff Wheeler Book Cover: The Heretic's Apprentice by Ellis Peters

No comments:

Post a Comment