Monday, October 05, 2015

Month in Review: September 2015

September was a pretty good month for reading. I read fewer books—only 15—which contributed to falling behind just a little bit in my annual goal. However, some of the best books I've read all year were among the ones read this month.

So now that we're at the 3/4 mark in the year, Goodreads tells me that I'm 1 book behind schedule to complete 200 books this year. I hope to make a bit faster progress toward this goal by selecting books that “read fast”. That's generally a factor of the vocabulary and writing style of the author. My reading mood can also affect whether or not I'm reading a book slowly or quickly.

I've read 42,674 pages toward my secondary goal of 50,000 pages. (I set the page goal to keep myself from getting to the total number of books by reading short books.) I'm way ahead of the pace to complete 50K pages.

Books I read:

Links here are to my reviews.

  1. The Oncoming Storm by Christopher Nuttall
  2. The Door in the Wall by Marguerite De Angeli
  3. The Unexpected Inheritance of Inspector Chopra by Vaseem Khan
  4. New York to Dallas by J. D. Robb
  5. The Rose Rent by Ellis Peters
  6. The Aloha Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini
  7. Midnight in Death by J. D. Robb
  8. Chaos in Death by J. D. Robb
  9. Jade Dragon Mountain by Elsa Hart
  10. Fires of Invention by J. Scott Savage
  11. The Hermit of Eyton Forest by Ellis Peters
  12. Miriam's Well by Lois Ruby
  13. Fated by Sarah Fine
  14. Celebrity in Death by J. D. Robb
  15. The Heist by Janet Evanovich & Lee Goldberg

Favorite Books of September:

Book Cover: The Oncoming Storm by Christopher Nuttall Book Cover: Miriam's Well by Lois Ruby

The Oncoming Storm by Christopher Nuttall
The Unexpected Inheritance of Inspector Chopra by Vaseem Khan
Miriam's Well by Lois Ruby

 

Year-to-date Stats:

Total books read: 148 (74% of goal)
Total pages read: 42,674 (85.3% of goal)

Format:
eBooks: 117
audiobooks: 12
DTB: 19

By genre:
Adventure: 4
Fantasy: 18
Historical Fiction: 1
Mainstream: 17
Mystery: 64
Non-Fiction: 3
PUF: 13
Romance: 4
SciFi: 25

Library books: 69 (+ 7 KLL)

Progress toward series challenge: 27 of 36 books

Eclectic Reader Challenge: 9 of 12 books/categories

*Kathryn over at The Book Date has created a Month In Review meme for those who put together these monthly posts. I'm linking my post up this month. Thanks Kathryn for putting this meme together!!!

Thanks to Mary Ann at ScrappyStickyInkyMess for the calendar graphic used in this post. Check her blog for other freebies.

Disclosure: This post contains links to an affiliate program, for which the BookObsessed online community will receive a few cents if you make purchases.

4 comments:

  1. 15 books, well done!! Hopr this month is just as good!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's started out pretty well. I've already completed 3 books and I'm well into the fourth. I'm glad you stopped by and left a comment.

      Delete
  2. 200 books in the year is a challenging challenge. I admire you for going for that number. You are doing well in The Eclectic Reader challenge, I was doing okay but sort of got behind in it. May not make it - will have to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 200 is proving to be a big stretch. I was intending to read a lot of mid-grade and YA fiction this year and thought that would make it easier to meet the goal. BUT, I have only read 35 books combined MG & YA. But I have almost 3 months until the challenge ends.

      I should make it through the Eclectic Reader challenge. The only category where I will have any trouble will probably be "Sports". I read a book that would work in that category, but I used it for "Featuring Diversity".

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete