Sunday, April 11, 2010

Read-a-Thon; end of event wrap-up

That's all, folks

Reading Location: Still at Baby Aiden's house

Currently Reading: Bridge of Birds by Barry Hughart

Bridge of Birds by Barry Hughart

Total Pages read so far: 500

Total Time spent reading so far: 436 minutes

Other Readers I have visited: None since the last post.

Finished Books: A Tale of Two Demon Slayers by Angie Fox (last 36 pages); The Ruthless Realtor Murders by David A Kaufelt (244 pages); The Great Good Thing by Roderick Townley (216 pages)

A Tale of Two Demon Slayers by Angie Fox     The Ruthless Realtor Murders by David A Kaufelt     The Great Good Thing by Roderick Townley

Comments: A great experience.

 

End of Event Meme

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Definitely hours 16-20 since these were the "wee hours" during which I wound up taking a nap.
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Well, for me I'd grab a new book in a well-loved series. I had several of those queued for this Read-a-Thon, but with all the interruptions during the day, I just didn't get around to them
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I'd love to have the start time adjusted so that instead of starting at 7am local time, I'd start around midnight to 3am. That way, the tough hours would be at the beginning when the excitement of getting started might help overcome the drowsiness.
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I love the cheerleaders. I didn't take the time to read all the comments on my blog entries, but it was so encouraging to see one or two comments on every post.
  5. How many books did you read? I completed 3 books during the Read-a-Thon, but since I started out with only 36 pages left in my first book, I hate to claim it as a book read *during* the event.
  6. What were the names of the books you read? A Tale of Two Demon Slayers, The Ruthless Realtor Murders, The Great Good Thing, and Bridge of Birds
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? The Great Good Thing was such a surprise. I found myself thrilled with the story and thoroughly loving it.
  8. Which did you enjoy least? This doesn't apply. I enjoyed all the books that I read during the Read-a-Thon. No "duds" like last October.
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I was not a Cheerleader, but I really appreciate their contributions. It was thrilling to note that several people were following my progress and cheering me on.
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Oh yeah. I'll be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment