Tuesday, October 28, 2014

#WWReadathon: 2014 Summary post

It's been a very good Wonderfully Wicked Read-a-thon this year. Organized by April and Kat at My Shelf Confessions, The Wonderfully Wicked Read-A-Thon has been a time when online book fanatics got together to dedicate the days of October 17-27 to as much reading as possible.

For me, this was a successful read-a-thon. As the read-a-thon began, I was just starting out on a four and a half day road trip. Hubby was driving and I was reading as much as possible. In those five days, I completed five books. In the remaining six days, I only managed to complete one more book—though I was getting close to finishing a couple more.

Completed books:

Book Cover: V is for Vengeance by Sue Grafton Book Cover: Magic 101 by Mercedes Lackey Book Cover: Burning Water by Mercedes Lackey Book Cover: POD by Tobias Roote Book Cover: Children of the Night by Mercedes Lackey Book Cover: Stone Guardian by Danielle Monsch

Books in Progress:

Book Cover: My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares Book Cover: W is for Wasted by Sue Grafton Book Cover: The Oblate's Confession by William Peak

Thanks so much to April and Kat for organizing the read-a-thon and for their encouragement all throughout the event. I had a lot of fun posting to Twitter and following everyone else through the shared #WWReadathon hashtag. Looking forward to next fall and a repeat of this event.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us! So glad this was a success for you! I need to check out that book by Ann Brashares, I read another of hers that I think I liked.. the name is on the tip of my tongue at the moment! 6 books is great progress and yay for road trips! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to the next #WWReadathon. I finished My Name is Memory just a few days after the end of the read-a-thon. I definitely recommend it if you like speculative fiction.

      Delete