Saturday, October 11, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (7)

I broke down and bought a couple of books this week. Although not yet available in the USA, the unabridged audio of Bertie's Guide to Life and Mothers by Alexander McCall Smith is available in the UK, so I bought a copy over the Internet and had it shipped to a friend's house in England. I finally received it this week when a colleague who is attending the same conference as I am brought it to me.

When I stopped by to pick up this month's free book at Phoenix Pick, I also bought the entire “special deal” for the remaining books in the Coconino Trilogy and a stand-alone book by Catherine Wells. It's going to be fun reading The Earth is All that Lasts, Children of the Earth and The Earth Saver as well as Mother Grimm.

Keeping on with my foray into advance reader copies through NetGalley, I received two more books for review. First is Entwined Realms, Volume 1 by Danielle Monsch, a collection of stories of varied length set in her fantasy universe where modern technology exists alongside magic. The other ARC that I received is Tagged for Death, first in a new cozy mystery series by Sherry Harris. I look forward to reading and reviewing both of these books.

Book Cover: Earth is All that Lasts by Catherine Wells Book Cover: Children of the Earth by Catherine Wells Book Cover: The Earth Saver by Catherine Wells Book Cover: Mother Grimm by Catherine Wells

Book Cover: Bertie's Guide to Life and Mothers by Alexander McCall Smith Book Cover: Entwined Realms, Volume One by Danielle Monsch Book Cover: Tagged for Death by Sherry Harris

How was your week? What new books would you like to brag about? You're invited to join the fun at Stacking the Shelves. According to the reviewers at Tynga's Reviews who host the meme:

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

1 comment:

  1. Love you choices. You have some great reading ahead.

    ReplyDelete