Saturday, October 18, 2014

Dewey: Opening Post

Good morning. It's time for another Dewey's 24-hour read-a-thon. I've lost count of how many I've participated in—suffice to say that this is not my first. Here's the opening meme to tell you a little bit about me and the reading I'll be doing today:

Introductory Questionnaire

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

I'm on a road trip. We're starting out today in Kingman, Arizona, and will be driving to Las Vegas where we will drop off our granddaughter at her mother's house. Then we head to St. George, Utah, where I think we will be spending the night. Since we're out west, I'll be reading from 5am to 5am, Pacific Daylight Time.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

I think this is probably Magic 101 by Mercedes Lackey.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

We're at the mercy of whatever restaurants we locate. I'm tired of fast food and will probably refuse to set foot in another one during this trip.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

I am an avid reader of various fiction genres. Since I've become a grandmother I've noticed that I have less stamina to stay awake for the entire 24 hours of the event, but that's OK, too. I'll still spend the entire day focusing mostly on reading.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

I was tickled pink to discover that Dewey's was taking place during our road trip. I get a lot of reading done in the car since there are no distractions from TV or the Internet. I plan to just go with the flow today.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your road trip! I'm so jealous that you can read in the car - I get horribly car sick if I try. Enjoy your day, and have fun in St. George. I live in Utah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there dear reader! We’re almost halfway through the readathon and we can do it for another 12 hours!

    Xoxo Katja #TeamButler

    ReplyDelete