Sunday, April 10, 2011

Read-a-Thon: End of Event Survey

Dewey's Read-A-Thon The Read-a-Thon is over and it's time to post my responses to the end of event summary. My responses are amazingly similar to those I posted for the past couple of events. I really look forward to the Read-a-Thon and try to clear my calendar so that there are no distractions. This time, I focused solely on the reading and post, so the end of event summary is the only mini challenge that I've participated in.

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
    The wee hours from about 1am are the hardest for me. This year I wound up falling asleep and napping for a couple of hours.
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
    I'm not sure I have any recommendations to make. I thoroughly enjoyed reading The Alto Wore Tweed by Mark Schweizer—so much so that I called my friend Beth and recommended that she pick it up for her Kindle.
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
    All-in-all, I think the Read-a-thon runs very well. I'd still like to see the start time changed so that in my time zone the wee hours aren't at the end of the 24-hour period.
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
    This year, I didn't participate in any of the mini-challenges. I just did my own thing, reading and posting and visiting the blogs of my BookObsessed friends.
  5. How many books did you read?
    I read in 3 different books, finishing two of them.
  6. What were the names of the books you read?
    The Alto Wore Tweed by Mark Schweizer, Bit the Jackpot by Erin McCarthy, and The Alphabet Sisters by Monica McInerney
  7. Which book did you enjoy most?
    I have to say that The Alto Wore Tweed was the most delightful. It was zany and even a bit campy.
  8. Which did you enjoy least?
    I didn't pick a book that I couldn't enjoy. The Alphabet Sisters had the most serious theme and therefore reading it went more slowly, but that wasn't because I didn't enjoy it.
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
    N/A. I didn't sign up to be a cheerleader, but I did stop by friends' blogs and leave comments to cheer them on.
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
    Oh yeah! I'll be back in October as a reader.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Elsi! I didn't stick around long enough to do the survey or post. Just wanted to head to sleep because I knew that I would need to get up at a somewhat "decent" hour today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there from a fellow Texan! ;)

    Congrats on a great readathon. I didn't make it up as late as you did but agree that anything past 12 is tough! Glad you'll be back in October!

    ReplyDelete