Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A nice round number

Today, on the way to the airport, I completed book number 46 for the year. And, as I was updating the statistics, I noticed that the number of pages read so far this year totals up to 16,000. Wow! That's just strange that it would come up to a nice round number like that.

But that number is simply the number of pages in the books that I have finished reading. It's inaccurate as a total of the number of pages which I have read. After all, there are the 3 other books which I am actively reading. My Kindle tells me that I'm 80% of the way through The Baritone Wore Chiffon, which computes to about 183 pages. I'm half-way through the 8 CDs of The Elegance of the Hedgehog, which computes to about 168 pages. And, I've barely started reading In Enemy Hands, so I'd say I'm only about 30 pages into that book. Then, there are the two books that I abandoned part-way through. I stopped at page 218 in The Know-It-All because I needed to mail the book off to Lauren in Canada. And, I set aside The Night Shifters about 1/3 of the way into it. I plan to finish both of these books sometime, but I have others queued up to read first.

In Enemy Hands by David Weber The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery The Baritone Wore Chiffon by Mark Schweizer The Night Shifters by Emily Devenport The Know-It-All: One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World by A J Jacobs

No comments:

Post a Comment