Monday, May 11, 2015

Bout of Books 13: It begins

Bout of Books It's just past midnight Pacific Daylight Time here in Las Vegas, so Bout of Books 13 has officially begun for me. I just checked the Bout of Books web site, and there are 609 readers who have signed up for the week-long event. That's a lot of readers. I cannot imagine how many books will be read in seven days. I'm hoping to finish at least 5, and it everyone read that many it would total more than 3000 books!

I'm starting out this week reading The Devil's Novice, the eighth book in the Brother Cadfael medieval mysteries written by Ellis Peters. I just started reading it around supper time on Sunday, and I'm just barely into chapter 2 on page 22. Other books I plan to read this week include The Firebird Mystery by Darrell Pitt, Mutant Legacy by Karen Haber, and A Nomadic Witch by Debora Geary. If I manage to finish all four of these, I'm not sure what I'll pick next—something will come to me. I'm traveling with a fully loaded Kindle, so I have plenty of books to choose from.

Book Cover: The Devil's Novice by Ellis Peters Book Cover: The Firebird Mystery by Darrell Pitt Book Cover: Mutant Legacy by Karen Haber Book Cover: A Nomadic Witch by Debora Geary

2 comments:

  1. Good luck reading. I'm working on the copy of Lilith's Brood you sent me back in 2012 and so far it isn't catching my reading fancy *shrug*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nim!! Thanks for dropping by. I'm sorry you aren't enjoying it. As I remember it's an omnibus of the trilogy. Octavia Butler can be difficult to read. It's a series that I enjoyed, but I'm not sure I'd re-read it anytime soon.

      Hope your Bout of Book is going well.

      Delete