Saturday, December 27, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (16)

'Twas the week of Christmas and all through the house,
no one was working, not even the spouse.
The books were stacked on the shelves with care,
ready to be taken to the reading chair.

With two weeks off of work and an end-of-year Read-a-Thon coming up, I went “shopping” at the library. Still not spending money on books, but it's not been terribly painful because of the terrific access I have to books through my local libraries. Yes, libraries—plural. At the beginning of the year, the library in my town was offering eBooks only through Freading. I found quite a few books that I want to read in their catalog, in particular backlist titles. But, to get the most recent releases, I needed to get a card at a library in a nearby town so that I'd have access to Overdrive. I was quite excited to find out that the library in my town has joined a consortium in order to offer books through Overdrive. But, I'm not giving up my card in the nearby library because these two libraries have different books in their catalogs.

And, for future book purchases, my two sons each gave me gift cards to Amazon.com for Christmas presents. I'm going to have fun next year!

Book Cover: The Leper of Saint Giles by Ellis Peters Book Cover: The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club by Wanda E Brunstetter Book Cover: Rest You Merry by Charlotte MacLeod Book Cover: Echo Burning by Lee Child Book Cover: A Spy in the House by Y S Lee

So how did you do this week? Any new books? You're invited to tell us all about it by joining the fun at Stacking the Shelves. According to the reviewers at Tynga's Reviews who host the meme:

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment