Saturday, December 06, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (14)

I'm doing pretty good at resisting the temptation to buy books. I did check two books out of the library and received one more review book from NetGalley. From the library, I borrowed Waistcoats & Weaponry, third in Gail Carriger's Finishing School steampunk series and Retribution Falls, the first book in the Tales of the Ketty Jay fantasy series by Chris Wooding. The new book for review is A String of Beads, forthcoming new episode in Thomas Perry's mystery series featuring Jane Whitefield.

Book Cover: Waistcoats & Weaponry by Gail Carriger Book Cover: Retribution Falls by Chris Wooding Book Cover: A String of Beads by Thomas Perry

And, I received two books from a fellow BookObsessed member. Wendy sent me Bitten by Kelley Armstrong and A Girl's Guide to Vampires by Katie MacAlister. These books are registered at BookCrossing, so after I read them, I'll send them on to another reader and the logs at BookCrossing will keep me informed who is reading the books in the future.

Book Cover: Bitten by Kelley Armstrong Book Cover: A Girl's Guide to Vampires by Katie MacAlister

Once again you're invited to tell us all about the new books at your house by joining the fun at Stacking the Shelves. According to the reviewers at Tynga's Reviews who host the meme:

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

2 comments:

  1. I've been pretty good in the no-buying department this month, haha. I went a bit crazy a few months back so couldn't. I need to buy the Finishing School series, sounds like fun and I haven't read that many steampunk. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by. It's difficult to restrain yourself from buying, isn't it? I would recommend that you read the Parasol Protectorate before Finishing School. All the world building is laid out in the Parasol Protectorate and if you haven't read those, I think you might be a bit confused starting off with Finishing School.

      Delete