Thursday, December 04, 2014

Cozy Mystery Week

Over at Jenn's Bookshelves, there will be a a week-long celebration of cozy mysteries the week of 8-13 December. Jenn says, "get your comfortable reading spot, a nice warm blanket, a cozy mystery or two, and join me for Cozy Mystery Week!" So I will.

Mysteries make up the bulk of the books I read each year. This year, almost half of the books I've read have been mysteries. Not all of these qualify as cozies, but most of them do. Here are a few of the cozy series I've read this year:

  • Aunt Dimity by Nancy Atherton
  • Maxie and Stretch by Sue Henry
  • Phryne Fisher by Kerry Greenwood
  • Brother Cadfael by Ellis Peters

So, I'm going to focus on cozy mysteries next week. I don't usually plan too far ahead, but I think I might read The Diva Wore Diamonds, the 7th Liturgical Mystery by Mark Schweizer; The Dante Connection, the 2nd of Estelle Ryan's mysteries starring behaviorist Genevieve Lennard; and maybe To Sketch a Thief, 2nd in A Portrait of Crime mysteries by Sharon Pape. I have all of these loaded onto my Kindle, so I'll have them readily at hand.

You can join us as well. Just jump on over to Jenn's Bookshelves and sign up.

Book Cover: The Diva Wore Diamonds by Mark Schweizer Book Cover: The Dante Connection by Estelle Ryan Book Cover: To Sketch a Thief by Sharon Pape

No comments:

Post a Comment