Saturday, December 20, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (15)

I'm still restraining myself and avoiding buying books. Well, books for myself, that is. I have purchased a couple of books to give as Christmas gifts. So this week, the only new books at my house are two review books from NetGalley.

In 2015, I'm going to emphasize books for the 10- to 20-year old. I'm calling it my year of Tween/Teen reading. One objective is to read classic mid-grade and YA fiction as well as recently released books. In that vein, I picked up two young adult books from NetGalley. How to Fly with Broken Wings is a contemporary story about Willem who wants to make friends and Sasha who teaches him how. The Firebird Mysteries is the first in a steampunk adventure series by Darrell Pitt. It's already available for the Kindle, and will be released in paperback in May 2015.

Book Cover: How to Fly with Broken Wings by Jane Elson Book Cover: The Firebird Mystery by Darrell Pitt

So how did you do this week? Any new books? You're invited to tell us all about it by joining the fun at Stacking the Shelves. According to the reviewers at Tynga's Reviews who host the meme:

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment