Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: 18 November 2014

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week this group of college aged and twenty somethings provide a prompt so that other book lovers can join in with their own top ten list.

This week's theme is “Top Ten Sequels I Can't Wait To Get”.

This Top Ten list is very close to my heart. I keep a list of all the series that I'm reading and those that I think I might want to read. The list serves several purposes, not the least of which is to help me read the series in the proper order. Because most long-running series have continual character development, I find it very annoying to pick up a book that comes later in a series without having read the earlier books. Not only do I keep having the feeling that I've missed something (which I have), but it then spoils the earlier books when I finally get around to reading them. I'm going to modify this slightly slightly—I've been stockpiling some book sequels in anticipation of some unconstrained reading time during the holidays. So rather than looking forward to getting, I'm going to list those I'm looking forward to reading:

  1. Echo Burning by Lee Child; the 5th book in his Jack Reacher mystery/thriller series.

  2. The Girl with Braided Hair by Margaret Coel; the 13th book in her Wind River Reservation mystery series.

  3. State Fair by Earlene Fowler; the 14th book in her Benni Harper mystery series

  4. A Play of Knaves by Margaret Frazer; 3rd in her Joliffe historical mysteries

  5. Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon; the 4th in her Outlander series

  6. The Dragon Men by Steven Harper; 3rd of the 4 books in his Clockwork Empire steampunk series

  7. The Witch With No Name by Kim Harrison; the 13th and final book in her Hollows urban fantasy series

  8. Dust by Hugh Howey; third book in his block-buster post-apocalyptic Silo trilogy.

  9. Between Darkness and Light Lisanne Norman; 7th book in her Sholan Alliance science fiction series.

  10. St. Peter's Fair by Ellis Peters; 4th book in her Brother Cadfael Medieval mysteries series.

Books mentioned in this post: (links lead to Amazon.com)

Book Cover: Echo Burning by Lee Child Book Cover: The Girl with Braided Hair by Margaret Coel Book Cover: State Fair by Earlene Fowler Book Cover: A Play of Knaves by Margaret Frazer Book Cover: Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon Book Cover: The Dragon Men by Steven Harper Book Cover: The Witch With No Name by Kim Harrison Book Cover: Dust by Hugh Howey Book Cover: Between Darkness and Light by Lisanne Norman Book Cover: St. Peter's Fair by Ellis Peters

No comments:

Post a Comment