Saturday, July 05, 2014

Progress toward goals

For the past couple of years, I've set a reading goal at Goodreads. I set this goal at 150 books or 50,000 pages since that tends to make me have to push just a little bit to meet the goal. I don't want the goal to be too easy to meet, nor do I want to put a lot of stress on myself to reach it. 150 seems to be just right. And, because I don't want to find myself achieving the goal by reading a whole bunch of short and trivial books, I set a second goal of 50,000 pages.

At the half-way point of the year, I'm making very good progress. I've read 86 books with a total of 26,690 pages. That's 57% of the way to my goal of 150 books and 53% of the way toward a goal of 50,000 pages. I like being ahead of “schedule&rdqou; as it leaves me some slack later in the year. If I get to a time when it's difficult to find time to read, I'll have less pressure to meet my ultimate annual goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment