Tuesday, July 15, 2014

#WWReadathon Status Updates

Wicked Wildfire Read-a-Thon

When it comes to read-a-thons, I'm torn between using a single post containing an ongoing status or creating separate posts. Since this read-a-thon is one of the longest around, I think a single post will be easier to maintain. If I miss an update, I can easily correct it later.

Updates

Monday, 14 July: I almost forgot about the Wicked Wildfire Read-a-Thon, so I was late in signing up. I had a library book downloaded to my Kindle that I needed to finish because it was due, so I settled in to read the last ~71 pages of Running Blind. Then, I turned to another library book, Death of an Outsider and read the first 39 pages. I also visited several web sites of other #WWReadathon participants, cooked a cornbread taco casserole for supper, and watched the latest episode of Major Crimes.

Tuesday, 15 July: Death of an Outsider is a very short book, so I was able to finish it and return it to the drop-off box at my local library. With that done, I started reading Andy Weir's The Martian which has been highly recommended. The library's book club will be discussing it at the September meeting. I didn't get very far into it, but it is definitely looking like a good read.

Wednesday, 16 July: It was a busy day, and I didn't get much reading done. I made progress in The Martian and have decided that I definitely like it. The main character is very likeable and although his situation is dire, he gets busy trying to solve the problem instead of getting mired asking "why me?"

Thursday, 17 July: It was also a busy day, and I only found time to read during lunch and supper. That meant that I read 141 pages in The Martian, putting me well past ½-way through the book. This is definitely going to be one of the best books I've read all year.

Friday, 18 July: I used my lunch hour and supper as reading time and after supper I had only 65 pages left in The Martian, so I took the book to bed with me and finished it around 23:30. Yay! Now the challenge is to decide what to read next.

Saturday, 19 July: You'd think that I'd get more reading done on a day when I don't have to work, but that wasn't the case. I had so much that I needed to get done. I started reading Heavenly Pleasures by Kerry Greenwood, the second book in her Corrina Chapman cozy mystery series.

Sunday, 20 July: I found even less time to read on Sunday than on Saturday! I'm enjoying Heavenly Pleasures. (Who wouldn't like a book about a bakery and a chocolate shop?) I just need to use my free time for reading rather than other chores.

Monday, 21 July: Back to work and I found a little bit of time to read during my lunch break. It was a busy day all day long and when evening came, I took time to watch a couple of shows on TV instead of read.

Tuesday, 22 July: Finally back to a more usual amount of time spent reading. I am still reading Heavenly Pleasures, but I'm nearing the end. At bedtime I was 80% of the way through it.

Wednesday, 23 July: Finally finished Heavenly Pleasures during lunchtime. I thrashed around the rest of the day, reading 9 pages in Charlotte Tweed and the School for Orphaned Dragons by Allegra Skye and 6 pages of U is for Undertow by Sue Grafton.

Thursday, 24 July: The last day of the read-a-thon and I was still thrashing around. I read 19 pages in Torch of Freedom/i> by David Weber and Eric Flint before settling down to read more of Charlotte Tweed and the School for Orphaned Dragons. I was making good progress by bedtime and should finish it in the next day or two.

Statistics

Monday, 14 July

Number of books I've read today: 2
Number of pages I've read today: 110
Number of books completed today: 1

Tuesday, 15 July

Number of books I've read today: 2
Number of pages I've read today: 119
Number of books completed today: 1

Wednesday, 16 July

Number of books I've read today: 1
Number of pages I've read today: 54
Number of books completed today: 0

Thursday, 17 July

Number of books I've read today: 1
Number of pages I've read today: 141
Number of books completed today: 0

Friday, 18 July

Number of books I've read today: 1
Number of pages I've read today: 164
Number of books completed today: 1

Saturday, 19 July

Number of books I've read today: 1
Number of pages I've read today: 35
Number of books completed today: 0

Sunday, 20 July

Number of books I've read today: 1
Number of pages I've read today: 20
Number of books completed today: 0

Monday, 21 July

Number of books I've read today: 1
Number of pages I've read today: 48
Number of books completed today: 0

Tuesday, 22 July

Number of books I've read today: 1
Number of pages I've read today: 98
Number of books completed today: 0

Wednesday, 23 July

Number of books I've read today: 3
Number of pages I've read today: 65
Number of books completed today: 1

Thursday, 24 July

Number of books I've read today: 2
Number of pages I've read today: 58
Number of books completed today: 0

The Books

Running Blind by Lee Child Death of an Outsider by M C Beaton The Martian by Andy Weir Heavenly Pleasures by Kerry Greenwood Charlotte Tweed and the School for Orphaned Dragons by Allegra Skye U is for Undertow by Sue Grafton Torch of Freedom by David Weber & Eric Flint

No comments:

Post a Comment