Sunday, June 15, 2014

Library Book Read-a-thon: Days 6 and 7

I just now realized that the Library Book Read-a-thon runs for 8 days, not 7. So I'll be able read more than I had anticipated. This is a busy weekend. Today is Father's Day and our kids planned a surprise for their Dad. They bought him a new LED television and took us all out to lunch. The boys are now setting up the TV and hubby will be watching Rangers baseball very soon. All this family activity cuts into my reading time.

Last night, I finished reading Bad Blood, the 20th and last-so-far book in Dana Stabenow's mystery series starring Alaskan PI Kate Shugak. That completes another series for me, but I'm really hoping there's at least one more book since this one ended on a cliff-hanger and it isn't “and they all lived happily ever after.“ It was borrowed from a library in the local consortium and I'll return it to my library's drop-off box later this afternoon.

This morning, I started reading Burn by Nevada Barr, the other hardback book that is checked out from the library. I'm sure I won't finish it today, so it will be set aside until next weekend as I have another business trip coming up next week. Tomorrow morning as I fly to Missouri, I'll resume reading Sorcery and Cecelia on my electronic book reader and if I finish it before bedtime, I can start the second book, The Grand Tour.

Library books finished during the read-a-thon

Independent Study by Joelle Charbonneau Sub-Human by David Simpson Post-Human by David Simpson Bad Blood by Dana Stabenow

Library books I'm currently reading:

Burn by Nevada Barr Sorcery and Cecelia by Patricia C Wrede and Caroline Stevermer

Library books I plan to read during the read-a-thon

The Grand Tour by Patricia C Wrede and Caroline Stevermer The Mislaid Magician by Patricia C Wrede and Caroline Stevermer

3 comments:

  1. Yay for finishing another series. I will be finished the Mortal Instruments Series soon. I'm about halfway though City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare. I really wanted to make sure that everybody knew we were running for 8 days so I made that clear this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great job finishing the Mystery Series! It looks like you have completed quite a few books so far during the Read-A-Thon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 books down! Good job! I'm glad I have an extra day to read!

    ReplyDelete