Tuesday, July 15, 2014

#WWReadathon Starting Position and Goals

Wicked Wildfire Read-a-Thon

As Monday morning dawned, there were two unfinished books that I was actively reading. (There are more unfinished books around, but the rest of them have been set aside, perhaps forever.) On my Kindle, I was reading Running Blind by Lee Child, the fourth book in his popular Jack Reacher mystery/thriller series. The Kindle indicated that I was about 86% of the way through the book, so I'm estimating that I was somewhere around page 445 of 516. The other book in progress was The Map That Changed the World by Simon Winchester, an audio book. I am almost exactly ½ way through, with 4 hours and 43 minutes remaining from a total of 9 hours and 59 minutes. (Hmmm…makes me wonder why they didn't make it one second longer and call it 10 hours.)

My goals for the read-a-thon are simple: I want to publish what I'm reading here on the blog. Since this is a normal work week, I don't see any way that I can read much more than usual, but I can put more emphasis on the social aspect by posting to the blog and communicating with other read-a-thon participants.

Books queued up to read very soon which are most likely to show up this week:

The Martian by Andy Weir A Lady of Resources by Shelley Adina Heavenly Pleasures by Kerry Greenwood

No comments:

Post a Comment