Friday, May 18, 2012

Bout of Books: Day 4 Recap

I'm feeling much better about my progress in the Bout of Books read-a-thon. First of all, I started the day by reading in bed while hubby watched the morning news. That got me to within 40 pages of the end of Changeless by Gail Carriger. I was able to finish it in the car as hubby was driving us to lunch. It was excellent and ended on a cliff-hanger, so I'm quite eager to read the next book in the series.

Now when I left the house, I picked up two books to take with me so I'd have another book to read as soon as I finished Changeless. One of the books was supposed to be the next book in Carriger's Parasol Protectorate series, but I grabbed the wrong title. SO, instead, I started reading The Tale of Holly How, the second title in Susan Wittig Albert's Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter. This book is so calm and easy-going compared to Changeless, and for some reason it “reads faster”, such that I finished the last page just minutes before midnight. I enjoyed it very much, but am quite pleased to return to Victorian London in Blameless, the third Parasol Protectorate book.

In addition to reading, I spent some time in the early evening visiting the blog posts of other participants and leaving encouraging comments. Twitter also held my attention. How could it not with my cell phone dinging away to let me know that there were new tweets from those I am following?

Summary

5/17
Number of books I've read today: 3
Number of pages I've read today: 383
Number of books completed today: 2
Total number of books I've read: 3
Total number of pages I've read: 667
Total number of books completed: 2

Books:
Changeless by Gail Carriger (completed)
The Tale of Holly How by Susan Wittig Albert (completed)
Blameless by Gail Carriger

Changeless by Gail Carriger The Tale of Holly How by Susan Wittig Albert Blameless by Gail Carriger

4 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo, you're doing great!!! I spent WAY too much time on Twitter yesterday as well. I'm going to try to not check it as often as I did, lol.

    Good luck with the rest of your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Timeless on my list, but I'm not sure if I will get to it. I love these books, adore the wit and all the characters but for some reason, I can't read them fast! Enjoy the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really have to read this series. I can't wait to get a chance to with all the amazing things I have heard. Good luck on your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing awesome!!! :) I've heard the Parasol Protectorate books are good!

    ReplyDelete