Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bout of Books: Challenges

Day 1's challenge was posted by Sarah at Sarah Says Read. She asked the read-a-thon participants to answer this question: “What do you like best about readathons? Do you have any readathon traditions or rituals? If this is your first readathon, what do you like so far? Discuss away!”.

I left my answer in the comments at her site saying: What do I love about read-a-thons? The focus on sharing what, where, and how we’re reading. In other words, the camaraderie of fellow readers. For several years, the only read-a-thons that I joined were the fast-paced, read-as-much-as-you-can-for-24-hours kind. But since Bout of Books v2, I’ve been enjoying the week-long variety as well.

My goals post is here –> Bout of Books 4.0.   But after finishing 2 of my planned books before the Bout of Books even began, I revised it here –> Bout of Books: Starting Position

Now Day 2's challenge is a bit more involved. Celine at Nyx Book Reviews asked participants to answer a series of “this” or “that” questions. Here are my responses:

  1. Physical book or eBook? Both. It's the story that counts
  2. Paperback or hardback? Paperback. The hardback is more likely to wake me up when it hits the floor when I fall asleep reading in bed.
  3. Reality or Make-believe? Fiction all the way!
  4. Adult or Young-Adult? Mostly Adult (but not “adult content”). But I also really enjoy YA fiction.
  5. Dog ears or Bookmarks? Bookmarks. And any spare piece of paper will suffice.
  6. Breaking the spine or Barely open the book? Yeah, I break the spine. I need a book to lie flat so I can read during meals.
  7. Tea or Coffee? Tea, iced. I drink nothing hot.
  8. Reading in bed or On the couch? In bed (see #2). Actually, it's more likely to be “in the car” than either of those other places.
  9. Series or Standalone? Love series. But a long (500+ pages) stand-alone is also welcome.
  10. Original or TV Adaptation? Original.
  11. Defy motion sickness or Audiobooks? Oh, I love to read in the car. I only listen to audiobooks when I'm driving.
  12. Author crushes or Who-was-that-guy-again? Nah. No crushes. Now if you want to talk about hero worship?
  13. Interview or Guest post? I only wish! Oh, did you mean to read? Interview.

So I'm linking my responses up at the Bout of Books read-a-thon main site. After I visit a couple of other blogs and leave some encouragement, I'm heading to bed with my current book, Changeless by Gail Carriger.

No comments:

Post a Comment