Saturday, May 15, 2010

Monster Mash Ups

Is there anyone who hasn't heard about Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen & Seth Grahame-Smith? Have you heard that a prequel was released in March? Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls by Steve Hockensmith is now available in your local book store or from your favorite online book store.

But did you know that there are a lot more books twisting the classics with monsters? CelticLibrarian at the Alameda County Library has posted a list of 13 Monster Mash Up Type books. Check it out. Some sound perfectly hilarious.

13 Book Monster Mash Up-Type Things

I haven't read any of these and until I saw this post, I wasn't aware that there were so many books springing from the imaginations of clever writers. I'm definitely going to check some of these out. And if I were an English teacher in a high school, I'd assign a project to my students to plot out a Monster Mash Up for a classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment