Sunday, November 01, 2015

Sunday Summary: 1 November 2015

Work has been brutal for the past couple of weeks. I'm so tired in the evenings that I just cannot focus on a book. Therefore, I remain a couple of books off the pace to complete 200 by the end of the year. I'm really counting on the holidays to help me rise to the challenge.

 

Where I've been reading

I've been at home! It has been so nice to work in my home office all week long, sleep in my own bed, and not to be in hotel rooms. I get to stay at home another week, though I do have to commute to the office rather than working from my house.

 

What I've been reading: Completed this week

All of the books that I read this week were from the library. Two were electronic books and two were hardbacks. And three of these books are part of my Finishing the Series challenge for 2015. I now have two more books to read in the Elm Creek Quilts series and three more in the Brother Cadfael series. And there's two months in which to read them. I think I'm solid on this challenge.

Book Cover: The Wedding Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini Book Cover: The Heretic's Apprentice by Ellis Peters Book Cover: The Potter's Field by Ellis Peters Book Cover: The Woman Who Walked in Sunshine by Alexander McCall Smith

The Wedding Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini
The Heretic's Apprentice by Ellis Peters
The Potter's Field by Ellis Peters
The Woman Who Walked in Sunshine by Alexander McCall Smith


What I've been reading: In progress

I'm reading two library books—Sonoma Rose and Kris Longknife: Unrelenting—and an advanced reader copy of Warren the 13th and the All-Seeing Eye which I received in return for an honest review. I'm putting a lot more time on Sonoma Rose because it is a hardback book from the library. I don't allow myself to take physical books on my business trips, so I need to focus on finishing it and returning it to the library before I head out of town again.

Book Cover: Sonoma Rose by Jennifer Chiaverini Book Cover: Warren the 13th and the All-Seeing Eye by Tanio del Rio Book Cover: Kris Longknife: Unrelenting by Mike Shepherd

Sonoma Rose by Jennifer Chiaverini
Warren the 13th and the All-Seeing Eye by Tanio del Rio
Kris Longknife: Unrelenting by Mike Shepherd


This Week on the Blog

  1. Stacking the Shelves (54)
  2. Sci-Fi Month 2015

 

I'm pleased to be linking up with The Sunday Post, hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

 

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on the blog, showcase books and things received. Share news about what is coming up on the blog for the week ahead.


Disclosure: This post contains links to an affiliate program, for which the BookObsessed online community will receive a few cents if you make purchases.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great week.

    Terri M., the Director
    Second Run Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued by Warren the 13th, it has such an eye-catching cover!

    Glad you get to work from home, I am hoping we get bad snow this winter so I can do the same!!

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete