Saturday, November 07, 2015

Stacking the Shelves (55)

For review:

Book Cover: Enigma by C. F. Bentley I'm pleased to have been selected to review Enigma by C. F. Bentley. It was offered in the October lot of Early Reviewer books. Fortunately, my request was fulfilled and now I have this exciting science fiction adventure to read and review—and right here in the middle of Sci-Fi Month! Since I had not read the first book in the Confederated Star Systems series, I'm going to read it first and then plunge into this book.


Purchased:

Book Cover: This Gulf of Time and Stars by Julie Czerneda 'Way back in September, my niece (whose Kindle is on my Amazon account) placed a pre-order for This Gulf of Time and Stars, the first book in a new trilogy in the Clan Chronicles by Julie Czerneda. It follows six earlier books—fans (including me) have not been very patient waiting for this next installment. I'm so excited to have my hands on a copy and I will start reading it as soon as possible.


Book Cover: Harmony by C. F. Bentley As I mentioned above, Enigma is the second book in the Confederated Star Systems, and I have this aversion to reading books out of sequence. Therefore, I decided to buy Harmony and read it first. I'm already about 30% of the way into the book at this time, and I'm really enjoying it. There's a novel setting on a far-away planet, a former space ship pilot who is now a spy, and enough intrigue to keep me guessing for a long time. I'm looking forward to find out what happens next and to reading the sequel.


Gift:

Book Cover: Beside Still Waters by Debbie Viguie I'm a real fan of series novels. Reading a series lets me visit with the characters over and over again. One series that I started reading a long time ago (2012, to be exact) is the Psalm 23 Mysteries by Debbie Viguié. I put the fourth book, Beside Still Waters, on my Kindle wish list and then forgot about this series since I have so many others that I have been actively reading. Finally, someone has given it to me. So I want to be sure and thank my BookCrossing friend, VeganMedusa.


Book Cover: Fear No Evil by Debbie Johnson Debbie Johnson is introducing a new mystery series with a twist. Fear No Evil introduces Jayne McCartney, Liverpool's only female private eye. The twist in this series is that Jayne is going to find herself checking out the paranormal when she's hired to investigate the death of a 19-year-old student whose parents insist that she was pushed out of a window by a ghost. VeganMedusa sent this Kindle book along with the one above, and I'm certainly looking forward to reading it.


 

How about you? Any new books? You're invited to tell us all about it by joining the fun at Stacking the Shelves. According to the reviewers at Tynga's Reviews who host the meme:

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

Disclosure: This post contains links to an affiliate program, for which the BookObsessed online community will receive a few cents if you make purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment