Sunday, November 08, 2015

Sunday Summary: 8 November 2015

Another slow week of reading. I only completed three books, so I'm sliding just a wee bit more behind when it comes to my goal of reading 200 books in 2015. So far, I've completed 165 books and with 7 weeks left in the year, I need to complete an average of five books each week to meet my target of 200. Whew! That's a lot of reading. Guess I need to stop watching TV and Netflix until I've caught up.

Where I've been reading

I was at home all week long. It was the second week in a row that I've been able to sleep in my own bed. However, I had to commute to the office in Dallas instead of working from the house. The good thing about commuting is that I get to “read” by listening to an audio book as I'm driving the hour and a quarter each way. I listened to an entire book in three and a half days and got started on another one.

 

What I've been reading: Completed this week

If this week is a good predictor of how things will go during Sci-Fi month, I'm going to read a lot of science fiction books. During my commute from home to Dallas each day, I listened to Constitution, the first book in The Legacy Fleet by Nick Webb. In text, I was reading Kris Longknife: Unrelenting, the latest episode in Mike Shepherd's Kris Longknife series. Then at the end of the week, I quickly read Sonoma Rose by Jennifer Chiaverini. Both the Kris Longknife book and Sonoma Rose were borrowed from the library and have been returned.

Book Cover: Constitution by Nick Webb Book Cover: Kris Longknife: Unrelenting by Mike Shepherd Book Cover: Sonoma Rose by Jennifer Chiaverini

Constitution by Nick Webb
Kris Longknife: Unrelenting by Nick Webb
Sonoma Rose by Jennifer Chiaverini


What I've been reading: In progress

I started listening to Indian Givers during my commute to and from Dallas on Thursday. Since I never listen to audiobooks except when I'm alone in the car, it will be couple of weeks before I'm getting back to this books. Harmony is the first book in the Confederated Star Systems series. I'm reading it to prepare myself to read Enigma and review it for the Library Thing Early Readers program. And, I'm really enjoying reading Owl and the City of Angels, the second book in The Owl Series. It's due back in the library in a week, so I need to buckle down and finish it quickly.

Book Cover: Indian Givers: How Native Americans Transformed the World by Jack Weatherford Book Cover: Harmony by C. F. Bentley Book Cover: Owl and the City of Angels by Kristi Charish

Indian Givers: How Native Americans Transformed the World by Jack Weatherford
Harmony by C. F. Bentley
Owl and the City of Angels by Kristi Charish


This Week on the Blog

One week into Sci-Fi month and I'm enjoying myself. I've read two science fiction books and am in the middle of a third one. I had four posts written in advance and scheduled to post one per week during the month.

  1. Sci-Fi Online: Beneath Ceaseless Skies
  2. Stacking the Shelves (55)

 

I'm pleased to be linking up with The Sunday Post, hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

 

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on the blog, showcase books and things received. Share news about what is coming up on the blog for the week ahead.


Disclosure: This post contains links to an affiliate program, for which the BookObsessed online community will receive a few cents if you make purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment