Saturday, November 14, 2015

Stacking the Shelves (56)

While there are a couple of new books at my place this week, all of them are from the library. I do like “shopping” at the library, especially for books that I want to read but that I'm not particularly interested in keeping. I do, however, need to speed up my reading or exercise a little bit more discipline so that I read these borrowed books before they are due to be returned. I'm lucky that one of the libraries I frequent has a 3-week check-out period. I rarely have to ask for an extension.

From the library:

I decided to fill in a couple of series by getting the short stories and novellas that are set between the novels, so I borrowed the eBooks from my local library. I'm planning on squeezing these in between the science fiction books I'm reading for Sci-Fi Month. The Shell Game is a short story that introduces con man Nick Fox and FBI agent Kate O'Hare. Time of Death contains three In Death novellas, one of which I read several years ago. Along with Possession in Death, that will leave me with five novels and three novellas to catch up with the series so far!

Book Cover: The Shell Game by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg Book Cover: Possession in Death by J. D. Robb Book Cover: Time of Death by J. D. Robb

The Shell Game by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg
Possession in Death by J. D. Robb
Time of Death by J. D. Robb

 

The other two library books I picked up are ones that will help me meet my Finishing the Series challenge. The Giving Quilt is the 20th and final book in Jennifer Chiaverini's Elm Creek Quilts series. Actually, it felt like she wrapped everything up in book #18, but then she added two more books. Since she's moved on to another series, I think it's done for good this time. The Summer of the Danes is the 18th book in the Brother Cadfael mysteries by Ellis Peters. I'm really enjoying reading these stories which feature the gentle monk in its Medieval setting.

Book Cover: The Giving Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini Book Cover: The Summer of the Danes by Ellis Peters

The Giving Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini
The Summer of the Danes by Ellis Peters

 

How about you? Any new books? You're invited to tell us all about it by joining the fun at Stacking the Shelves. According to the reviewers at Tynga's Reviews who host the meme:

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

Disclosure: This post contains links to an affiliate program, for which the BookObsessed online community will receive a few cents if you make purchases.

2 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed the three J. D. Robb books I read...I want to resume reading them!

    Enjoy...and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a mystery mode lately too. I remember watching the Cadfael tv show awhile ago which I liked. So I'm assuming the book series is just as good.

    ReplyDelete