Wednesday, April 08, 2015

March Wrap-Up

For the entire month of March, I was participating in the Take Control of your TBR Pile Challenge, hosted by Kimba at The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. I read 17 books from my TBR list, one of which was a library book with an early March due date.

Regarding the challenges I entered into this year, the primary challenge was to read 200 books in 2015. At the end of March—¼ of the way through the year—I had completed 50 books, which put me right on schedule to reach 200 books. My secondary goal was to read 50,000 pages. At the end of March, the total number of pages in the books I read was 13,931. That was well ahead of the goal, so I'm in a good position moving into the second quarter of the year.

In the Finishing the Series Challenge, I read 3 books toward my goal. That left me with 31 more books to read to complete this challenge. (Fortunately, I have been able to check off two more books so far in April and I'm busily reading the 3rd.)

I also read one book toward the Eclectic Reader Challenge, leaving me with nine more books to complete that challenge.

Also, since I was participating in the Take Control of Your TBR Pile Challenge, I didn't get any books from the library. I'm not worried about completing my Library Book Challenge since I was almost half-way there by the end of February.

The remaining challenge that I made progress toward in March was the 42 SF Challenge. I read eight science fiction books in March, and wrote reviews of four of them. I still need to write and post reviews of of the other books.

Progress toward all the reading challenges I have taken on this year is being recorded on my 2015 Challenges page.

And that leads me to the statistics for March. I read a total of 17 books, 16 were electronic books and one was an audiobook. So, for the second month in a row, I read no books printed on paper.

When it comes to genre, I read two fantasy novels, five mysteries, eight science fiction, and one paranormal. The remaining book was a mainstream, non-genre novel. Four of the books I read were aimed at the Young Adult market.

Thanks to Mary Ann at Scrappystickyinkymess for the calendar graphic used in this post. Check her blog for other freebies.

No comments:

Post a Comment