Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Olympic Read-a-Thon: Day 4 Update

Now that the weekend is over, it's back to a normal work week. Monday morning started very early when we left the house at 5:30 heading to the DFW airport. With hubby driving, I started reading Odd and the Frost Giants by Neil Gaiman. This is a very short book, a very short novel—maybe even a novella. I read most of the way to the airport, though I did doze off a couple of times. After checking through security, I took advantage of the Wi-Fi network in the Admiral's Club to take care of e-mail. That means I didn't get back to reading until I had taken my seat on the plane. I quickly finished Odd and the Frost Giants and started reading The Cat, the Professor and the Poison by LeAnn Sweeney. Turns out that I didn't read for long, though, because I wound up sleeping most of the way.

I had actually forgotten about the Olympic Readathon, and didn't get registered until mid-afternoon. Even though I traveled early in the morning, the rest of Monday was a work day and afforded limited opportunity to read except during meals. I did listen to a couple of tracks of Keturah and Lord Death by Martine Levitt while I was driving from the airport to hotel and hotel to restaurant and return. This is the audiobook that I started listening to in mid-July, and I'm not likely to finish it before Labor Day since I only listen to audiobooks when I'm alone in the car.

Odd and the Frost Giants by Neil Gaiman The Cat, the Professor and the Poison by Leann Sweeney Keturah and Lord Death by Martine Leavitt

Summary

Monday, 7/30
Number of pages I've read today: 164
Number of books completed today: 1
Total number of pages I've read: 898
Total number of books completed: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment