Thursday, July 19, 2012

And the High Summer Read-a-Thon continues

Yes, the High Summer Read-a-Thon continues. Since today was a travel day, I managed to get through quite a few pages while I was in transit.

First, I listened to a full disk of Keturah and Lord Death while driving from Providence, RI, to Boston. I need to try and figure out an approximate page location so I can update my statistics. Then, as soon as I boarded my plane, I pulled out Murder 101 and read for most of the flight, finishing the book about an hour out of DFW.

At this point, I turned on my Kindle to resume reading The Hunger Games. I had started reading it back in June, but set it aside early this month because I really felt the pressure to read a couple of the books which I have promised to send to fellow readers that I swap book with at BookObsessed. Kindle power level was very low, but it wasn't long before they had us turn off our electronics in preparation for landing. I returned to the Kindle on the way home from the airport, surprised that it didn't run out of battery before we got to the house. Once I had brought my luggage inside, I plugged the Kindle into the wall charger to recharge the battery.

Ninety minutes later, when I took the Kindle off of the charger, it started complaining about the battery level being critically low. Since I didn't want to take a chance that it would crash on me during supper, I decided to take a paper & ink book with me. So, I picked up the next episode in Jacquelyn Winspear's Maisie Dobbs mystery series, An Incomplete Revenge.

Summary

7/18
Number of books I've read today: 1
Number of pages I've read today: 60
Number of books completed today: 1
Total number of books I've read: 3
Total number of pages I've read: 278
Total number of books completed: 1

7/19
Number of books I've read today: 3
Number of pages I've read today: 346
Number of books completed today: 1
Total number of books I've read: 5
Total number of pages I've read: 624
Total number of books completed: 2

Books:
* A Thread of Grace by Mary Doria Russell -- finished 17 July
* Keturah and Lord Death by Martine Leavitt
* Murder 101 by Maggie Barbieri -- finished 19 July
* The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
* An Incomplete Revenge by Jacqueline Winspear

2 comments:

  1. You're doing great, Elsi! I'm proud and jealous at the same time. LOL! I have been doing shabbily, but I have good reasons...working and hosting. I'm hoping the last few days will be great. *fingerscrossed*

    ReplyDelete