Friday, July 20, 2012

High Summer Read-a-Thon: rolling into the weekend

My work week has ended! Today was a normal (non-travel) workday and I was not able to read at all except for my lunch break. I'm finally done and the weekend is MINE. I do have to watch two 2-year-olds on Saturday, but the rest of the time I'll be reading for the High Summer Read-a-Thon.

When the book fell out of my hand last night, I was on page 53 of An Incomplete Revenge by Jacqueline Winspear. I managed to squeeze an hour's reading in during my lunch break and then a few pages while eating supper, so now I'm on page 109. The story ends on page 306, so I don't think I'll finish tonight—but tomorrow looks really good. I should be able to have at least two hours of uninterrupted reading time while I travel to and from my son's house.

The twitter chat tonight has been fun. If you weren't able to join us, just search for #HSreadathon to read the tweets. This chat was leisurely instead of frantic like during Bout-of-Books, so I could actually follow the conversations.

Summary

7/19
Number of books I've read today: 3
Number of pages I've read today: 346
Number of books completed today: 1
Total number of books I've read: 5
Total number of pages I've read: 624
Total number of books completed: 2

7/20
Number of books I've read today: 1
Number of pages I've read today: 56
Number of books completed today: 0
Total number of books I've read: 5
Total number of pages I've read: 680
Total number of books completed: 2

Books:
* A Thread of Grace by Mary Doria Russell -- finished 17 July
* Keturah and Lord Death by Martine Leavitt
* Murder 101 by Maggie Barbieri -- finished 19 July
* The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
* An Incomplete Revenge by Jacqueline Winspear

2 comments:

  1. You're doing great, Elsi! I'm so glad you're enjoying it and that you liked the chat. Yeah, those huge chats get so overwhelming. Someday my read-a-thons might get that big, but I would be perfectly happy with them staying just the size they are.

    Have you reviewed Thread of Grace? Let me know when you do. I'm interested to see what you thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely write reviews -- feels too much like school. {grin} But I'll think about pulling one together for A Thread of Grace. It was such a good book, and one I enjoyed very much.

      Delete