Monday, July 23, 2012

High Summer Read-a-Thon - Event summary

The High Summer Read-a-Thon has come to an end. Michelle set things in motion—recruiting readers through her blog and then kept things going by sending frequent tweets. From all that I can see, “a good time was had by all”.

As for me, I enjoyed the camaraderie and the motivation to keep records and post regularly on the blog. I don't know that I read any more pages this week than I would have ordinarily, but I did write about reading and tweet about my progress. So that's the difference that the Read-a-Thon made.

Summary

7/16
Number of books I've read today: 2
Number of pages I've read today: 76
Number of books completed today: 0

7/17
Number of books I've read today: 3
Number of pages I've read today: 142
Number of books completed today: 1

7/18
Number of books I've read today: 1
Number of pages I've read today: 60
Number of books completed today: 0

7/19
Number of books I've read today: 3
Number of pages I've read today: 346
Number of books completed today: 1

7/20
Number of books I've read today: 1
Number of pages I've read today: 56
Number of books completed today: 0

7/21
Number of books I've read today: 2
Number of pages I've read today: 379
Number of books completed today: 1

7/22
Number of books I've read today: 2
Number of pages I've read today: 48
Number of books completed today: 1

Totals
Total number of books I've read: 6
Total number of pages I've read: 1107
Total number of books completed: 4

Books:
* A Thread of Grace by Mary Doria Russell -- finished 17 July
* Keturah and Lord Death by Martine Leavitt
* Murder 101 by Maggie Barbieri -- finished 19 July
* The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins -- finished 22 July
* An Incomplete Revenge by Jacqueline Winspear -- finished 21 July
* Nutty as a Fruitcake by Mary Daheim

A Thread of Grace by Mary Doria Russell Keturah and Lord Death by Martine Leavitt Murder 101 by Maggie Barbieri The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins An Incomplete Revenge by Jacqueline Winspear Nutty as a Fruitcake by Mary Daheim

6 comments:

  1. I like the combination: perfect for a read-a-thon. The perfect sorts of books to keep the pages turning. I've not yet read one of the Winspear novels, but I picked up the first one; I'll have to keep it in mind for the next read-a-thon. Series are such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congrats on your 4 books and over 1000 pages! I love the booklist, especially A Thread of Grace - it's probably been over 6 years since I read it, but I really should do a reread, it was one of my favorites. Yay for readathoning. :)

    Randi @ Cardigans, Coffee and Bookmarks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! 4 books read. I hope you enjoyed the week. =O)

    Thank you for joining me and I hope you will be with us again for FrightFall in October.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, impressive totals!! Congrats on your accomplishments! I still haven't read The Hunger Games series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, as you can see, I'm just getting started. Book 1 just -ends- so I'm eager to see what happens next.

      Delete