Saturday, October 24, 2009

Elsewhere in the world

Participating in this 24-hour Read-a-Thon, it's very easy to get totally single-minded and do nothing but read and blog about reading. So, during this break, I'm taking a few minutes to read the blog postings from two other readers.

First up is Ruby Ramblings by fellow BookCrosser and BookObsessed member TheRubyCanary. Ruby lives in South Korea, so for her, the Read-a-Thon began at 9pm. She's already in the wee hours of the morning (6am, if I've done the math correctly) while I'm sitting here at mid-afternoon. Like me, she's finished one book and moved on to a second one.

And just for grins, I picked another “Ruby”, ruby loves adventure. Now, I've never met this Ruby—not even online—but all book lovers have this attraction to each other, don't we? Ruby2 lives in Manilla and is also in her wee morning hours as I post. She's reading fantasy books, Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer and Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone.

So! I've finished my second book, Visions of Sugar Plums, which is probably best called a novella. The story takes up 164 pages in the book, but there are 3 or 4 blank pages at the beginning of each chapter, so the number of pages actually “read” is much less. I'm moving along to book #3. Will spend a couple of minutes perusing the large number of available books to see what catches my attention. Another update in about an hour.

2 comments:

  1. Hiya!!

    I just woke up a few minutes ago, as my mom was walking our dear little dog :) I've only had around 5 hours sleep but so worth it. Trying to catch up with the readathon posts while I've been zonked out. lol.

    Still trying to read Harry Potter, but nearing the end of Eclipse. yaay!

    Many thanks for dropping by my blog :D

    - Ruby2
    [i'm currently using my other google account :)]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Elsi! Sorry, I didn't know you were on here. I'll go back and look through your posts now. I hope you're having fun! Shanna

    ReplyDelete