Saturday, October 24, 2009

Dinner-time reading

Dinner tonight was at a restaurant we'd not visited before: La Milpa in Denton. I ordered a dish whose Spanish name translates to “chicken with squash and corn” which was served with the ubiquitous rice and beans. One thing that's really nice about taking the Kindle out to dinner is that I don't have to balance the excess cutlery on the book to keep it open to the page I'm reading. Instead, I just grabbed the dish that had all the sugar and sweetener packets in it and used that to prop up the top of the Kindle. An occasional tap on the “Next Page” button and I'm making pretty good progress through my book.

Decided to read yet another Vampire novel. This time it is Bitten and Smitten by Michelle Rowen. I'm about 30% of the way into the book (location 1698 of 5666); the middle of chapter 9 (of 27). The hardcover edition has 390 pages and the Mass Market paperback has 400. So if the 5666 locations of the Kindle edition is mapped to 400 pages, then my current position is equivalent to somewhere around page 120.

I'm going to take a quick look at the Read-a-Thon home page and then get back to reading while Dear Hubby watches SEC football: Auburn vs LSU and Florida vs Mississippi State.

No comments:

Post a Comment