Saturday, October 24, 2009

Dewey's 24-hour Read-a-Thon

So I'm up at 7am on a Saturday, kicking off my participation in Dewey's 24-hour Read-a-Thon for October 2009. This event has been going on for some time, but I just became aware of it. In fact, I didn't even make up my mind whether I was going to take part until last night. But here I am.

24 hours? Are they kidding? OK, OK. It's a humane 24 hours. Breaks are allowed for meals and trips to the potty. As the FAQs say, the aim is "For 24 hours, we read books, post in our blogs about our reading, and visit other readers’ blogs.

I'm starting off with this kick-off post and Mark of the Lion by Suzanne Arruda. I'm on page 134 of this mystery set in East Africa in 1916. I was pleased to discover that this is the first novel of a series. The sixth book was released in hardback this year, so assuming that I can track all of them down, I have some pleasant reading ahead. When I finish this book, it is going to Lori, a BookCrossing member who selected it from the 2004 or Later Virtual Book Box at BookObsessed.

OK. Enough blogging. On to the reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment