Saturday, September 20, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (4)

How was your week? Did you get any new books this week? Leave a comment or join the fun at Stacking the Shelves.

This past week the only books I acquired came from the used book sale at my local public library. In the Spring, the fire-suppression sprinkler system sprung a leak and flooded the library. During the major (near-total) renovation, the library staff culled the collection of books which had not been circulated in a long time. Along with donations from the community, all these books were placed on sale on the second weekend of September. I took advantage of the bulk pricing that allowed me to fill up a paper sack with paper-back books and pay only $5.00 for the sackful.

Most of what I picked up are science fiction and fantasy, but I also scored a couple of titles which I thought my mother-in-law would enjoy. I've already given those to her, so the list of new books is not complete.

Oh yeah—I almost forgot...I did check one book out of the library as well. My name finally came to the top of the reserve list and I was able to bring home a copy of Aunt Dimity and the Wishing Well by Nancy Atherton. This is the 19th and most recently published book in the series and completing it finishes the series (so far). That will leave me with only two more books to complete the series challenge I set for myself in 2014.

Borrowed from the library:

Aunt Dimity and the Wishing Well by Nancy Atherton

Purchased at the library's book sale:

Books from the annual used book sale at Sanger Public Library.

  • Gabriel's Ghost by Linnea Sinclair
  • Tangled Up in Blue by Joan D Vinge
  • Hands Up, Miss Seeton by Hamilton Crane
  • Whiplash by Catherine Coulter
  • Quentins by Maeve Binchy
  • Meg: Hell's Aquarium by Steve Alten
  • Hidden Empire by Kevin J Anderson
  • Manta's Gift by Timothy Zahn
  • Fool's Errand by Robin Hobb
  • Wife of Moon by Margaret Coel
  • Mama Pursues Murderous Shadows by Nora DeLoach
  • Ghost by John Ringo
  • Inherit the Earth by Brian Stableford
  • The Engineer Reconditioned by Neal Asher
  • Quest for Lost Heroes by David Gemmell
  • Winter Warriors by David Gemmell

According to the reviewers at Tynga's Reviews who host the meme:

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment