Sunday, August 05, 2012

Reading while in transit

Saturday was the first day of the Summer Wrap-up Read-a-Thon and day nine of Random House of Canada's Olympic Readathon. As this was another travel day for me, I was able to spend much of my "in-transit" time reading. Unlike my travel on Monday, I headed to the airport later in the day and didn't fall asleep in the car. Consequently, I read 57 pages as hubby was driving us down to the airport. (Hmmm... I've just noticed that I essentially was reading at a rate of 1 page per mile.)

I continued reading at the airport while I was waiting to board my flight, and read the last page in Among the Mad shortly before we left the ground in Dallas. I set that book aside and started reading The Mapping of Love and Death, the seventh book in Jacqueline Winspear's mystery series set in England between the two World Wars. Once we were at a decent altitude, I did allow myself to be distracted by the availability of Internet access on the airplane.

#OlympicReadathon Summary

Saturday, 8/4
Number of pages I've read today: 161
Number of books completed today: 1
Total number of pages I've read: 1482
Total number of books completed: 6

#SWUR Summary

Saturday, 8/4
Number of pages I've read today: 161
Number of books completed today: 1
Total number of pages I've read: 161
Total number of books completed: 1

Among the Mad by Jacqueline Winspear The Mapping of Love and Death by Jacqueline Winspear

2 comments:

  1. I think I normally read about the same speed too, about a page a min. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Good progress here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elsi, you were the final winner in the High Summer Read-a-Thon giveaway! You won economics...it's an eBook. You can read about it on the prize page here: http://seasonsreading.blogspot.com/2012/07/high-summer-read-thon-prize-promotion.html Can you email me at truebookaddictATgmailDOTcom so I know you received this comment? That way I will have your email address so the author can send you the book. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete