Friday, August 10, 2012

Read-a-thon updates

I'm participating in Summer Wrap-Up Read-a-thon Just 3 more days in both the Summer Wrap-up Read-a-thon and Random House of Canada's Olympic Readathon. On Wednesday, I completed The Mapping of Love and Death by Jacqueline Winspear. As I said before, I think this was the very best book in the series so far. I have the next book, A Lesson in Secrets with me and plan to read it next week. But, since I was waiting on my hubby to arrive with the dozen (or so) books I had packed into the car, I started reading Runner by Thomas Perry. I was able to find some time to read during all three meals and thus I wound up having read 149 pages during the day.

I am participating in Random House of Canada's Olympic ReadathonOn Thursday, I set Runner aside and started reading A Call to Arms by Alan Dean Foster. I had chosen it as my one and only objective/goal for the Summer Wrap-Up Read-a-Thon. Thursday didn't offer as many opportunities to read, and although I thought I had read quite a bit, I was surprised to tally my page count at only 84 pages for the day. I've not had any time to read today (Friday), but since my vacation begins around 13:00 PDT, I'm going to be heads-down in a book for several hours as we travel from Anaheim to Lancaster.

The Mapping of Love and Death by Jacqueline Winspear A Lesson in Secrets by Jacqueline Winspear Runner by Thomas Perry A Call to Arms by Alan Dean Foster

Summary

Wednesday, 8/8
Number of pages I've read today: 149
Number of books completed today: 1

Thursday, 8/9
Number of pages I've read today: 84
Number of books completed today: 0

#SWUR Totals

Wednesday, 8/8
Total number of pages I've read: 521
Total number of books completed: 2

Thursday, 8/9
Total number of pages I've read: 605
Total number of books completed: 2

#OlympicReadathon Totals

Wednesday, 8/8
Total number of pages I've read: 1742
Total number of books completed: 7

Thursday, 8/9
Total number of pages I've read: 1826
Total number of books completed: 7

1 comment:

  1. Great job! and I see that you are doing Bout-of-books too! Im happy I am not the only back to back readathoner out there ;)

    We will have to cheer each other on

    ReplyDelete