Saturday, August 04, 2012

Olympic Readathon: end of the first week

I am participating in Random House of Canada's Olympic Readathon Thursday was a much more "normal" day for me. Although it was definitely a work day, because I was at home I was able to read during both lunch and dinner. That meant that by the end of the day, I had read 102 pages. Not quite up to the average per day to reach my goal, but certainly a respectable number.

The same pace seemed to continue on Friday. Again, it was a work day with all the demands on my time and attention that one would expect. Yet, I was able to spend a little bit of time in 1930s England during my meal breaks. Roughly two hours of reading and 100 pages. Investigator Maisie Dobbs has kept me entertained in Among the Mad, and I'm glad I have the next two books at hand as I'm now at page 202 and only 100 pages from the end of this sixth novel in the series.

Among the Mad by Jacqueline Winspear

Summary

Thursday, 8/2
Number of pages I've read today: 102
Number of books completed today: 0
Total number of pages I've read: 1221
Total number of books completed: 5

Friday, 8/3
Number of pages I've read today: 100
Number of books completed today: 0
Total number of pages I've read: 1321
Total number of books completed: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment