Friday, April 20, 2012

Preparing for Dewey's

Dewey's 24 hour Read-a-Thon starts in 8.5 hours. I'm going to bed pretty soon so that I can be fresh when we start reading in earnest at 5am here in California. Yes, I'm in California instead of my usual Texas location. I'm also on vacation in the middle of a road trip, so while I expect to get LOTS of reading done, I'm not sure how often I'm going to be able to post. Hubby is going to insist on dragging me through at least one National Park tomorrow, which means I probably won't be able to get online even with the cell phone.

I'm lining up the books which I think I'll be reading tomorrow. Certainly I'm going to finish reading Shattered by Karen Robards. I started reading it this afternoon—having finished two books which had been in progress. I had thought I'd start things off with a clean slate at the beginning of the Read-a-Thon, but I didn't want to NOT read between 3pm when I finished the last book and 5am when the Read-a-Thon begins. Queued up behind Shattered are two other books which I owe to friends at BookObsessed: Kiss at Your Own Risk by Stephanie Rowe and One Day at the Call Center by Chetan Bhagat. I also have two books lined up on my Kindle: Storm From the Shadows by David Weber and A Face Turned Backward by Lauren Haney. I really don't know what I'll choose to read, but if these books don't satisfy, I have 1000 others to choose from on my Kindle alone!

Shattered by Karen Robards Kiss at Your Own Risk by Stephanie Rowe One Night at the Call Center by Chetan Bhagat Storm from the Shadows by David Weber A Face Turned Backward by Lauren Haney

No comments:

Post a Comment