Saturday, January 24, 2009

Making use of my Kindle

Most of my reading this month has been on the Kindle or Sony readers. It is so convenient to just grab the reader and go; and when I finish a book, there are others available with no hassle. The biggest down-side is that I can't swap the electronic books the same way I do paper books.

After finishing Dragon Bones, I read The Dragon Delasangre by Alan F Troop. So, I wound up reading two dragon books back-to-back—and not a sequel, either. Figuring that was enough fantasy for a while, I then read Suspicious by Heather Graham; a suspenseful romance that I picked up for only a dollar. I've been lucky enough to pick up quite a few free or steeply discounted eBooks since I bought my Kindle. Harlequin has even announced that they're giving away 16 titles on 29 January to celebrate their 60th anniversary.

Quick summary of the books I've read this month:

  1. The Host by Stephenie Meyer (Kindle)
  2. Miss Julia Strikes Back by Ann B Ross (Trade Paperback)
  3. The Girl Who Stopped Swimming by Joshilyn Jackson (Hardback, Bookring)
  4. Fortune and Fate by Sharon Shinn (Kindle)
  5. Neptune Crossing by Jeffrey Carver (Sony)
  6. Mars Girl by Jeff Garrity (Sony)
  7. Dragon Bones by Patricia Briggs (Kindle)
  8. The Dragon Delasangre by Alan F Troop (Kindle)
  9. Suspicious by Heather Graham (Kindle)

I'm now reading Strange Attractors by Jeffrey Carver on the Sony reader and Oleander House: Bay City Paranormal Investigations #1 by Ally Blue on the Kindle. Since I owe a dozen books that I haven't read yet, I'm going to have to get started on those as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment