Saturday, August 29, 2015

Stacking the Shelves (46)

Congratulate me! I've been writing Stacking the Shelves posts for one year now. My first post was on August 30, 2015. That first Stacking the Shelves post featured the first eGalleys I had received from NetGalley.

Although I've now participated in this meme for a year, this is the 46th episode, because there were a couple of weeks where I actually exercised restraint and didn't get any new books. As you can see, there were ONLY a couple of those weeks. This week there are only three new books: two from the library and one for review. I'm sticking with my year-long objective to avoid buying new books.

From the library:

Book Cover: Treachery in Death by J D Robb As I said last week, reading the In Death books is like grabbing a candy bar. They're every bit that good. So although I had plenty of books on hand, as soon as I completed Indulgence in Death, I headed over to the library web site and borrowed Treachery in Death. I am having to sit on my hands to keep from borrowing any more in this series until I read other library books and some of the review books I signed up for.


Book Cover: A Quilter's Holiday by Jennifer Chiaverini I selected the Elm Creek Quilts series as one of three that I intended to complete in 2015. A Quilter's Holiday is the 15th book in the series of twenty books. The day after Thanksgiving, while others are beginning their shopping for Christmas, the members of Elm Creek Quilters gather to share a potluck meal made from left-overs and to quilt. Many of the group use this time to start on their own Christmas preparations of gifts and decorations. A highlight of this year's gathering is submitting a single quilt block representative of the thing they are most thankful for.


For Review:

Book Cover: The Windchime Legacy by A. W. Mykel In a plot which sounds more like a TV script, The Windchime Legacy postulates that American spies carry an implant in their brains connecting them to a super computer known as Sentinel. Now, one of the computer's creators is defecting to Russia and plans to create a Sentinel computer for them. Obviously he must be stopped, so Justin Chaple is assigned the mission. Unknown to him, however, is that the Sentinel implant is also explosive.

Originally published in 1985, The Windchime Legacy is being released in eBook format by Brash Books.


 

How about you? Any new books? You're invited to tell us all about it by joining the fun at Stacking the Shelves. According to the reviewers at Tynga's Reviews who host the meme:

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

Disclosure: This post contains links to an affiliate program, for which the BookObsessed online community will receive a few cents if you make purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment