Monday, July 13, 2015

Introducing Focus on Freading

Introducing a brand new weekly feature at Reading in Texas. I want to bring attention to Freading, an ebook service for libraries. I'm thrilled that my library has a subscription to Freading since the catalog contains many outstanding authors and much more of the “backlog” that other services that focus primarily on recent best sellers.

So, each week, I'll highlight books which have caught my attention at Freading.com. Sometimes, the featured books will be new additions to the online catalog. And sometimes they'll be hidden gems.

Now, I'll be up front with you. I primarily read mysteries, science fiction, and fantasy. I read almost no non-fiction and I'm not fond of romance, chick-lit, erotica, westerns, and military fiction, so these categories may not be represented very often. But, I'll try to pull myself out of my comfort zone from time to time and highlight books that aren't my usual oeuvre. And most of the time, the books will be ones that I have not yet read—but which are winding up on my “To Be Read Soon” list.

No comments:

Post a Comment