Thursday, August 21, 2014

BTT: Mysteries

Booking Through Thursday logoIt's Thursday and Deb has posted another Booking Through Thursday prompt. This week, bloggers are asked:

Do you read mystery novels? If so, why? Is it the mysteries themselves that appeal to you? The puzzle-solving? The murders? Or why don’t you read them? What about them doesn’t appeal?

Yeah, I read mysteries. In fact, the majority of books that I read each year are mysteries. So far this year, over half of the books I've read have been mysteries.

I think one reason why I read so many mysteries is because they tend to be published in series—sometimes very long series. I've stated that I really like long novels and series because they allow me to spend lots and lots of time with characters that I've come to like. I do lean toward cozy mysteries and historical mysteries rather than hard-boiled and procedural crime novels. I like a good story and well-developed, likeable characters and I try to avoid gory stories and those with strong psychologically “evil” characters. You won't catch me reading any of the “Hannibal Lector” books!

Here are some books from the mystery series that I've read this year:

The Refuge by Sue Henry Whisper to the Blood by Dana Stabenow Ghost Gone Wild by Carolyn Hart The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches by Alan Bradley Farm Fresh Murder by Paige Shelton Leaving Everything Most Loved by Jacqueline Winspear City of Darkness and Light by Rhys Bowen Through the Evil Days by Julia Spencer-Fleming Aunt Dimity and the Lost Prince by Nancy Atherton A Question of Death by Kerry Greenwood Top Secret Twenty-One by Janet Evanovich Running Blind by Lee Child Death of a Perfect Wife by M C Beaton Devil's Food by Kerry Greenwood King and Maxwell by David Baldacci Destroyer Angel by Nevada Barr

No comments:

Post a Comment