Sunday, August 24, 2014

Bout of Books 11 -- Day 6

As the last day of the Bout of Books read-a-thon begins, I have finished another book—but I'll have to report that in my Day 7 report. As I had hoped, I found a lot of time to read on Saturday and made it most of the way through Destroyer Angel by Nevada Barr. I just couldn't stay awake long enough to finish the last couple of chapters.

Saturday was a good day. Even before I started reading in Destroyer Angel, I finished reading “Obligated Service”, the last short story in Beginnings. Our grandson, Aiden, spent Friday night at our house and then he played here until we took him home in the late afternoon. In addition to finding small periods of time to read when he was entertaining himself, I got in two full hours of reading in the car during the round trip to his house. And, the only TV I watched was the season premier of Dr. Who.

In addition to reading, I did make return visits to the blogs of a couple of others participating in Bout of Books 11.

Visited:

Statistics

Saturday, 23 August

Number of books I've read today: 2
Number of pages I've read today: 339
Total number of pages read: 1027
Number of books completed today: 1
Total number of books completed: 3

Currently reading

Destroyer Angel by Nevada Barr

Completed Books

Forbidden Fruit by Kerry Greenwood Miss Tonks Turns to Crime by M C Beaton Beginnings, edited by David Weber

1 comment:

  1. I do like the tracking of pages. Gives a feeling of accomplishment even if a book isn't completed. I may try that on another read-a-thon.

    ReplyDelete